Wednesday, February 13, 2008

the flying yellow bread bowl diner

Settling in. Being part of somewhere. Difficult to imagine when you just arrive somewhere, thatś why finding Carol
at The Flying Yellow Bread Bowl,
was really great.
Not only is it the finest diner in Powell River.
it's probably one of the best vegetarian restaurants
in the whole of British Columbia.
.....
The food is great, Carol cooks like its part of her personality and everyday is different, she make delicious bread, like bagels and big soft granary loaves and the menu for each day has stuff like thick spicy pumpkin soup, garlicky hummus on bread, stuffed vine leaves, spicy falafel burgers, mmmmmmmmmm, can't you just taste it? The diner is tiny, and packed with people, the music is perfect, like Natasha Atlas, things with an eastern vibe that goes with the food, the atmosphere is wonderful, everyone eating, chatting with friends and and really enjoying it.
This is what eating is all about.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I've been to your blog before but this time I found you via Elspeth Thompson. I was so taken by the pictures of the diner and longed to be there. It looks so cheerful, colourful and welcoming. It must be hard to move so far, but with somewhere like this to go for tea .... it can't be too hard!! (PS had to sign up to google to post, but came from http://skybluepink.typepad.com :) )

Anonymous said...

It is perfect time to make a few plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting issues or advice. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles relating to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

Also visit my web page graduate certificate programs Online

Anonymous said...

Ѕome panels are also able to convеrt sunlight into heat, which
can replace уouг pгesent use of gas,
оіl or electrісity for heating. Hοw сan the pгocеss on how
to build solar рanels gеnerаte the needed amount
of energy to powеr up my hоuse. In genеral
it would morе time consuming but in the end іt
wοuld be wοrth it beсause I will be able to save 1,000's of dollars and have the ability to create as many solar energy panels as I want.